Thursday, September 2, 2010

Wire-wrapping Cabochons

Just posted a new tutorial on wire wrapping a cabochon. This tutorial is different because it is a slideshow project. Keep in mind that I'm not an expert cabochon wrapper, I just learned lately so if I can learn it so can you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmlxhBLOuCo&feature=youtube_gdata_player


A few added tips on wrapping that I learned along the way:
- if possible use half round or square dead soft wire for the project because it will be much easier to work with. I used round because I didn't have inexpensive square wire to play with.
-use a cabochon with a smooth front( not faceted) and flat back if possible when you are first learning, it will make it easier for you to anchor the wires.
-remember this is a semi-advanced technique so you need patience when trying it and even if you have some wire-working experience you still may find it a bit challenging.I know I did.
-practice,practice, practice and practice some more, the more you do the better you'll get, so good luck and see you soon, D

No comments:

Post a Comment