Thursday, April 9, 2009

Wire Working with Flair


My jewelry skills are 100% self taught. I have more beading magazines and books than I can shake a stick at yet I can always find room for just one more...

In the past I had an online jewelry stone on ebay and it was fun yet I found the push to sell and make the numbers each month took away from my creativity and the absolute joy of jewelry design. I gave up the business but my heart never gave up jewelry design and my love for wire and gems.


I don't know peyote stitch, or any bead weaving and I commend those who do because it's alot of work. I do very little stringing and usually only use leather if I do use something other than wire. I don't do silversmith work, although I would like to try my hand at it one day. I don't do elaborate, artistic designs that are beautiful yet not wearable, I can't help it I'm just too practical for those statement pieces. Jewelry for me should be beautiful and something that you can wear everyday if you want to. So if any of these jewelry making venues are your passion and your single focus then I'm sorry this is not the right place for you.


On the other hand if you love wire, pliers, hammering, wrapping, gemstones, chains, charms, briolettes and unique designs then we probably have something in common, so welcome. Have a seat, pull out your beads and lets have a see what we can make. Post a picture of what you have, what you want to make and what you're interested in doing and I will comb my mind to help guide you if you would like. Either way I am open just drop me a line because this could be the beginning of a wire working friendship.

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment